Sigmon Construction is hiring for the position of Senior Carpenter. We are looking for a talented, experienced residential carpenter with an extensive track record in residential renovations. We are looking for an individual, highly skilled in using both hand and power tools to construct, install, and repair structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials. This individual is a problem-solver, able to assess and rectify structural issues while preserving the aesthetic integrity of the home. This Senior Carpenter will coordinate with other tradespeople, maintain schedules, and ensure project completion to the satisfaction of the homeowner.
salary & benefits:
- Salary based on experience.
- 50% of healthcare coverage for employee after 90-day probationary period.
- One week of Paid Time Off first year. Three weeks PTO after first year.
- Healthy work-life balance, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm. work week Monday - Friday.
- Company Issued truck, gasoline & phone after 90-day probationary period.
Duties & REsponsibilities
- Create a high level customer service experience for prospective customers and customers alike.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of carpentry, creating wooden objects and structures, and repairing wooden objects and structures.
- Have the ability to work quickly and thoroughly.
- Maintain thorough, responsive communication with Sales team, production team prospective customers and customers.
- Must be a personable and friendly professional with high integrity.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with prospects, clients, contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, designers and other co-workers.
- Provide leadership, maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project, including the public, and promote a positive project morale.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and subcontractors and other colleagues in person, over the phone, and by electronic communication.
- Attend site visits, staff meetings, safety meetings, designer meetings and on-site client meetings.
- Ensure job site safety and rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Ensure proper execution of customer job expectations while maintaining the integrity of Sigmon Construction’s policies and procedures.
- 4+ years carpentry experience in residential remodeling and new home construction.
- Preferred but not required: 2+ years Project Management experience in residential remodeling project management.
- Preferred but not required: Intimate understanding of residential housing, construction, architectural design, cost estimating and construction specification writing is required.
- Preferred but not required: Must have a verifiable record of successfully bringing projects in on-time and on-budget, as well as being able to provide references from satisfied clients.
- Preferred but not required: Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations.
- The successful candidate will be a team leader, an effective communicator in both spoken and written English.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and able to learn and use several customer relationship management software tools.
- The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work as a member of a team, be flexible and adaptive, be organized, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines. Tardiness is not acceptable.
- Must enjoy collaboration.
- Thorough tool and material knowledge.
ABOUT SIGMON CONSTRUCTION
Sigmon Construction is a respected and well established general contracting construction company with over 30 years of experience. Sigmon specializes in high-quality home remodeling, home additions, and custom new home building. We are always looking for motivated, dynamic individuals to join our growing team. Sigmon Construction offers a fast-paced, innovative work environment where you will be provided the tools, resources, training, and leadership necessary to grow a successful career.
Sigmon Construction is creating tomorrow’s leadership team and we need a new generation of visionaries; those that adopt our mission as their own and go the extra mile. Most of our leadership team began their careers in entry-level positions because we recruit, train, and retain talented individuals with a drive for excellence. Join us as we build the country's best remodeling firm.